“Our firm’s strength is in our personnel. Specifically, as to the defense of bad faith claims, I don’t know any firm
that does it better.”
Brent Burns has been an attorney with King & Jurgens since 2009. His practice focuses on insurance defense litigation, property insurance defense litigation, flood insurance defense, and construction law. He represents major regional insurers and also acts as national counsel for a major insurer, overseeing national defense of flood policies.
Brent is from Donaldsonville, Louisiana, and earned his B.A. from Louisiana College in 1999, attending on a full basketball athletic scholarship. He earned his Juris Doctor and Civil Law Certificate from Tulane University in 2004.
- Serving as national counsel for a major insurer, overseeing national defense of flood policies
- Defending national insurer in breach of contract case which clarified the definition of flood in National Flood Insurance Program
- Representing national insurer in coverage lawsuits filed in Louisiana against the insurer by its insureds as a result of Hurricane Gustav
- Defending national insurer in cases pending in the Eastern District of Louisiana involving Hurricane Katrina bad faith claims for coverage under homeowners and rental dwelling policies
News & Appearances
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association