Our clients respect the way we handle our cases from start to finish, aggressively and with tenacity.
Christian A. Garbett joined King & Jurgens in 2002 as an associate and is now a member of the firm. He is experienced in insurance fraud and bad faith litigation, property and flood insurance defense, commercial litigation, employment and discrimination law, and pharmaceutical and medical malpractice including wrongful death.
Before joining King & Jurgens, he practiced with a Northshore litigation firm, representing clients on both the plaintiff and defense sides. He credits that experience as providing full perspective when preparing cases for current clients. "The experience of regularly working on both sides of cases helped prepare me for what I do now."
Christian graduated from LSU Law School in 1999. In college he majored in accounting and obtained his Certified Public Accounting license after graduation. Christian practiced as a CPA for several years before pursuing his legal career.
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals decision upheld a zero verdict for a large national insurer
- Handled wrongful death medical malpractice claim involving an elderly man with dementia who passed away while at a nursing home
- Successfully defended clients in actions regarding enforcement of non-compete agreements in the health care industry
- Defended major corporation and its local franchise in wage law claims
- Successfully represented clients in federal and state law employment discrimination matters
- Obtained several zero verdict rulings for insurers in personal injury and property damage cases
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- "Bad Faith Claims & Motion to Dismiss: Policyholder and Insurer Perspective" - The Knowledge Group Webinar - 2016
- “The Basics: What an Independent Adjuster Should Know About Flood Litigation" - Catastrophe & National Claims Flood Conference - 2016
News & Appearances
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Easter Seals Louisiana, Inc. Board of Directors, 2017-2019
- Vice-Chair, 2018-2019
- Southeastern Louisiana University Alumni Association, Board of Directors, 2016-2018
- Bar Association of Federal Fifth Circuit
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (LADC)
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- The Mississippi Bar
Robert M. Tullis Moot Court Board, LSU
Louisiana State University Law School, J.D., 1999
Southeastern Louisiana University, B.S., magna cum laude, accounting, 1993
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Fifth Circuit
- All Federal District Courts in Louisiana & Mississippi
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas