Our firm's foremost goal is to deliver first class service and excellent results that exceed our clients' expectations.
Henry King has an active commercial practice focusing on financial and corporate transactions. In particular, he has represented buyers and sellers in the acquisition and sale of vessels and vessel owning companies. He has represented virtually every major marine lender in the United States in vessel financings, ship mortgages, bareboat charters and related litigation involving ship foreclosures, workouts and bankruptcy.
Henry's practice also includes complex commercial and casualty litigation. He has litigated marine casualty and collision cases, oil and gas disputes, class actions, commercial contract disputes, ship construction disputes, petrochemical construction disputes, product liability claims and environmental contamination cases. Henry has litigated cases in many jurisdictions in the United States and in various locations throughout the world including England, Saudi Arabia and India.
He was born in New London, Connecticut. After graduating from Vanderbilt University with a bachelor of arts degree in 1974 and Louisiana State University Law School with a juris doctor degree in 1977, Henry was admitted to the Louisiana Bar in 1978 and the Texas Bar in 1992. Henry became a partner with one of New Orleans' oldest law firms in 1983. In 1985, Henry co-founded King & Jurgens.
- Representing oil companies and oil service companies in a wide range of litigation, including construction disputes, contract disputes, class actions, casualties, environmental contamination and product liability
- Representing marine interests in Jones Act defense, collisions, cargo disputes and marine casualties
- Representing local, regional and national banks in vessel financings, vessel mergers and acquisitions, and foreclosures of ship mortgages
- Representing one of the United States' largest helicopter operators in all phases of its operations including financings, charters, air medical operations, and aircraft casualties
- Representing a large automobile manufacturer in all of its product liability, warranty and commercial matters in Louisiana
- Representing several large shipyards in Louisiana and Texas in all phases of their operations including acquisitions, financings, contract drafting and advices, ship construction disputes, litigation and casualty matters
News & Appearances
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Louisiana Bankers Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States, Proctor in Admiralty
- Marine Financing Committee, 1985-present
- LSU Law School Board of Trustees
- Son of a Saint, Board of Directors
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent Peer-Review Rated (5.0 out of 5)
The Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law, 2015-2020
Louisiana Super Lawyers List, 2007-2020
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Banking & Finance: Marine Finance - Louisiana, Band 1, 2012-2019
Louisiana State University Law School, J.D., 1977
Vanderbilt University, B.A., English, 1974
Bar & Court Admissions