Maritime Business and Finance Transactions
King & Jurgens has a talented team of maritime professionals that possess the experience and knowledge to handle the full range of maritime financial and business transactions and advise clients concerning the myriad special laws and regulations that affect the maritime industry.
The firm represents ship owners, operators, managers, brokers, charterers, financial services and private equity investors, shipyards, stevedores, terminal facilities, port authorities, manufacturers, insurers and offshore oil and gas interests, in negotiating, structuring and documenting complex maritime financial and business transactions, and addressing related tax, regulatory and insurance issues, including Capital Construction Fund, citizenship requirements and cabotage laws, and Maritime Administration Title XI financing requirements, as well as restructurings and workouts involving marine assets.
Representative matters handled by the firm include:
- Asset-based secured marine lending and leveraged lease transactions and related syndications
- Asset and stock sales and purchases involving vessels, marine equipment, shipyards, and marine terminals
- Negotiating, drafting and closing transactions involving marine terminal agreements, vessel charters and management agreements, stevedoring contracts, contracts of affreightment, vessel construction contracts and terminal development agreements
- Representing shipowners and lenders in transactions involving Capital Construction Fund (CCF) contracts and U.S government Title XI ship financing
- Handling all aspects of vessel registration under United States and foreign flags