“Our goals are the same as the clients’ goals: Always achieve good results in the most efficient and cost-effective manner as possible.”
Len R. Brignac
Len Brignac primarily counsels and represents businesses in various commercial disputes and transactions. He has extensive knowledge and experience in a wide range of business matters, including intellectual property, employment, insurance and construction law.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW
Len is a registered patent attorney who handles patent preparation, filing and prosecution before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. He also handles trademark and copyright registration, trade secret protection, and patent and trademark licensing and technology transfers and infringement claims and defenses. He represents owners of intellectual property to obtain injunctive relief and damages. He is the former Chair of the Intellectual Property Section of the Louisiana State Bar Association.
Len assists businesses with employment law compliance, such as disability, race, sex, age, religion and national origin discrimination claims and wrongful discharge claims. He has extensive experience with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and sexual harassment claims. He also represents businesses in employment policies review, on-site training, employment agreements, separation agreements, and employee handbook preparation and review.
Len has represented companies in connection with insurance coverage disputes, claims and insurance contract issues. He has successfully represented numerous businesses in the successful recovery of property damages and business interruption claims.
Len has experience in all aspects of construction law and litigation. He has worked with his clients to review and prepare construction contracts to seek to eliminate legal problems and delays. In connection with construction disputes, Len has successfully litigated and arbitrated construction claims.
- "Hot Topics in Hospitality Law" - University of New Orleans, 2014
- "Protect Your Assets: IP Law 101 for Entrepreneurs" - The Idea Village's IDEAinstitute - 2012, 2013
- "Workers' Compensation & HIPAA - Protecting Your Claimant's Data and Company's Liability" - National Shipbuilding Research Program - 2012
- "Avoiding Problems in Employment Terminations and Hiring" - Client In-House Seminar
- "Avoiding Sexual Harassment in the Workplace" - Client In-House Seminar
- The Best Defense is a Good Offense: Proactive Social Media Policies and What They Can Do for You
- The Amazing Race to the Patent Office: New Law Will Replace First-to-Invent with First-to-File
- Update: Deadlines and Details to Keep Trademarked Domains Away from the Adult Entertainment Industry
For a list of representative cases, please visit www.kingjurgens.com/f-brignac_representative_experience.
Honors & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent Rated (5.0 out of 5)
- The Best Lawyers in America List, Litigation-Intellectual Property, 2018-2019
- New Orleans CityBusiness "Leadership in Law" List, 2015
Professional & Community Affiliations
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, Immediate Past Chair
- Florida Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association